Thursday 10 December 2009

It worked!

With caveats, of course. But, yeah, it worked!

The sage was a bad idea. It tasted lovely... but it tasted lovely of stuffing. Everyone likes stuffing, but not as an entire meal, I'll wager. (Except, obviously, when drunk/high and it's the only thing in the house). And, by the way, yes, I know about the double entendre, so there's no need to point it out.

At the end of the oven-cooking part, it was too moist (my fear that it would be too dry led to me steaming it) so I rolled it into balls (control yourselves). These I rolled into the breadcrumbs, and then I shallow-fried the lot. The result was very very good, but hardly healthy. But, as my only meal of the day, it works. I can always fill up on bread if I get hungry later, although Lord Woolton would have kittens at the idea.

Nevertheless, good enough to produce something similar for CJBS now. Less sage, less balls (ahem) but no less good. I hope.

No comments: